Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Polar



tags: assassins, blood and gore, live action graphic novel, thriller

Star emoticonStar emoticonStar emoticonStar emoticon

from IMDB
A retiring assassin suddenly finds himself on the receiving end of a hit, contracted by none other than his own employer seeking to cash in on the pensions of aging employees.
This movie has been on my queue for almost a year already but I found the time to watch it only yesterday because I have a million on my list on Netflix and Amazon.

I like the movie a lot. It is one of the bloodiest but having seen many gangster Japanese and Korean movies, I'm neither shocked nor horrified. The "battle" scene in the hallway is very similar to the 2014 Korean movie For The Emperor.

This movie is based on web comics or graphic novel, hence the vivid colors and odd characters.  I like the vicious reed-thin female assassin clad in tight leather clothing (remember Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman?) and the always cool and collected elderly secretary of the company boss. Many viewers compare it to John Wick series but I disagree. This movie is more fun and satirical, and really really over the top. Suspension of disbelief is a must when watching. Comparing it to real life is just dumb and you will end up disliking it if you do.

Recommended for fans of action flicks with lots of spilled blood.


No comments:

Post a Comment