Monday, December 30, 2019

The Witcher


tags: action, fantasy, monster hunter, Netflix, supernatural, thriller

Star emoticonStar emoticonStar emoticonStar emoticon

from Netflix
Geralt of Rivia, a solitary monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts. 
I finished the series in 3 days and I like it. A lot. The series is based on Polish Andrzej Sapkowski's short stories published in 1984 that were translated into English in 1996/1997. A video game was also created based on the stories. I had no idea what the story is about having not read the books nor played the games. A lot of the books and games fans are disappointed in the series because they expected the chronological telling of the story. I do believe from just watching and paying close attention to dialog and different characters that I understood them very well and therefore enjoyed it more for not having any preconceptions. 

I like Henry Cavill as Geralt of Rivia regardless of his way of speaking, and his grunts are cute, in a way. The series is bloody and gory with lots of heads and limbs rolling, but it also has a bit of humor. I was annoyed at first with the travelling bard but he grew on me that I actually miss him after he parts ways with Geralt on Episode 7. The series is worth a second watch and maybe a third.

Highly recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment