Thursday, January 5, 2023

Bob Dylan Playlist


*************************************************************************************
I'm a late bloomer with Bob Dylan music, never listened to his songs until he won the Nobel Prize in Literature. His songs are familiar to my ears but I never paid attention to them. Only three songs he wrote are in my music library and all 3 are covers - Jimi Hendrix [All Along the Watchtower], Waylon Jennings [It's Alright] with title and lyrics altered, Guns N' Roses [Knockin' On Heaven's Door]. I started downloading his earliest songs from Freegal and we have a few CDs too. My Bob Dylan playlist has grown.














⭐⭐⭐⭐

I just finished reading The Philosophy of Modern Song written by Bob Dylan. He wrote essays on 66 songs and I know at least 85% of them. He is a good writer and has a great sense of humor. I laughed out loud often at his candid observations. 

Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment