Saturday, June 13, 2020

Knives Out

tags: horrible, knives dull, mystery, whodunit
goose egg

This Agatha Christie-style murder mystery tried to entertain but failed horribly. Everything about it is horrid - acting, script, setting, and even the music. I can't believe this was written and directed by the same person who wrote Brick which I thought was brilliant. This murder mystery is amateurish as though written by a 5th grader. No kidding.

Viewers who gave it 1 or zero star were more offended by the left leaning and woke bent but I didn't mind it at all. I am more appalled by the childish script, the boring presentation, the contrivance of each family member, the lame attempt at humor, and the annoying and mystifying fake southern accent of Daniel Craig that people likened to Foghorn Leghorn. They are not incorrect. It hurt my ears and gave me a headache. I can't understand why the director made him talk in an inauthentic southern accent which highlighted his inability to act. I always thought Daniel Craig is abysmal and this movie just confirmed it. I read that Johnson is writing a sequel with his character Foghorn Leghorn Blanc as main character. What?!! Geez Louise! It would have been acceptable if the movie is a spoof or parody but it isn't; it's just a 2 hour snooze fest that will put anybody with functioning brain to sleep.

Murder mystery is one of my favorite genres in fiction movies and books and I have seen and read hundreds of them so I believe I know what is good and what is less than inferior. This was written and made for first timers, those who haven't read a good Agatha Christie book or seen a good movie adaptation of her books.

The 1976 movie Murder by Death, a spoof of Agatha Christie-style mystery, is way more intelligent and highly entertaining than Knives Out. The script, actors, and acting are top notch; there's never a dull scene in the entire movie. Even the Adam Sandler/Jennifer Aniston Murder Mystery on Netflix is superior to this overrated and over-hyped movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment