Thursday, May 15, 2014

Odd Thomas

Oddy and Stormy: 'destined to be together forever'

Odd Thomas

Star emoticonStar emoticonStar emoticonStar emoticonStar emoticon

Movie Description
Small-town fry cook Odd Thomas (Anton Yelchin) is an ordinary guy with a paranormal secret: he sees dead people, everywhere. When a creepy stranger shows-up with an entourage of ghostly bodachs – predators who feed on pain and portend mass destruction – Odd knows that his town is in serious trouble. Teaming up with his sweetheart Stormy (Addison Timlin) and the local sheriff (Willem Dafoe), Odd plunges into an epic battle of good vs evil to try to stop a disaster of apocalyptic proportions. Based on the best-selling thriller by Dean Koontz, ODD THOMAS is a supernatural action thrill-ride from the acclaimed director of The Mummy and G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra.

I've read all the Odd Thomas novels since the first one, Odd Thomas, came out in 2003, and became a fan of Odd. [I've been a Dean Koontz fanatic before I was introduced to Oddy and Stormy.] Yes, it's been more than 10 years since I read it and had to reread before viewing the movie. I like that it follows the book closely but left out a few things such as Elvis Presley's lingering spirit which I think is clever because seeing Elvis constantly will distract the audience from Odd Thomas and the story. Dean Koontz's sense of humor is also evident in the movie which to me is essential to capture the book's character.

I highly recommend the movie to fans of Odd Thomas books. You won't be disappointed.
It's currently available streaming on Netflix and Amazon.

What I love:
The narration by Odd
The screenplay
The cast, specially Addison Timlin as Stormy Llewellyn
The bodachs, although not what I imagined, are creepy enough and moderately scary
The subtle but very funny comedic scenes
The whole movie from start to finish

No comments:

Post a Comment