Friday, February 26, 2016

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword Of Destiny


tags: Chinese, martial arts, Netflix streaming, sequel

Star emoticon

I wasn't really interested in this film. The first one is good, not great, but I liked it enough. I had no idea what the sequel is about and didn't read anything about it before adding it to my Netflix list. It is a disappointing sequel and doesn't seem to have anything to do with the original except Michelle Yeoh's role.

I opted for the Chinese language with English subtitles but 2 minutes into the film noticed that the lips are not synced to either Mandarin or Cantonese. I turned on the English language and to my dismay the film was shot in English! It was awkward in either English or Mandarin.

Single star because:
- Filmed entirely in English, Mandarin dubbed.
- Bad acting all around.
- Fight choreography is mediocre at best; I've seen better.
- Setting looks staged and "Westernized"
- Plot too predictable
- Script is worse than bad
- Boring

Not recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment